Providing educators with opportunities, information and resources they need to improve and enhance student learning through the use of technology. Read more >>
Registration is Open!
Deadline is July 24, 2013
The Interactive Classroom #1 (Formerly SMARTBoard 101)
October 2, 2014 - 3:45pm
The Interactive Classroom #2 (Formerly SMARTboard 201)
October 14, 2014 - 3:45pm
ELA Literacy in the 21st Century Classroom using iPads
October 16, 2014 - 3:45pm
This was borrowed from the fine folks over at the WYNRIC...
The following questions are to help you gauge where you are with using Web 2.0 technologies and to give you a sense of where you might begin.
1. Do you read blogs regularly?
2. Do you comment on blogs that you read?
3. Do you write regularly on a blog site?
4. Do you subscribe to blogs you read?
5. Do you have a network of people you connect with online?
6. Do you have a way to easily produce information for the web?
7. Do you allow readers the ability to comment on your work online?
8. Do you share a calendar or documents via the web?
If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions you are more savvy than you know. Share your responses in the comments area.
I stumbled across a new site that can help get students writing and their writing is published. Okay, I didn't stumble across it, I have to admit my sister, who is an educator in Michigan shared Tween Tribune with me. Tween Tribune is a FREE site that allows students to interact with the news, while fulfilling requirements for language arts, computer skills, and other classes. Students can read news events that are relevant to them with age appropriate world and national news.
More from the Be Less Helpful guru, Dan Meyer...